I am an experienced personal and professional coach, trainer and discussion moderator. Due to a fascinating family project, I am staying in Sydney until July 2017. On this page you will find some information about my work. Check also my blog if you like, as the most recent articles are written in English.
- Individual coachings for personal development, leadership and parenting
- Communication strategies & effective time and self management group workshops
- Group moderation for workplace teams who are seeking consistent, consensus oriented solutions
Who can benefit?
- Team leaders, CEOs and parents who want to fulfill their roles in a consequent, authentic way
- Women who want to improve their positions
- Small business owners
- Children and adults suffering from stress or anxiety
Issues people frequently bring to my coaching sessions
- Feeling stuck at a particular point in their jobs or their personal lives
- Feeling unsure having an important decision to make ahead of them
- trying to find more time and space for themselves
- Dealing with challenging situations at home such as
- Differences with their spouses
- Non satisfying communication with their children
- family members getting older and needing more care
Benefits clients take from my coachings
- they find satisfying ways of dealing with their issues
- they feel equipped with resources and strengths again
- they feel safe and cared for during the sessions
- they take time for themselves
- they find clarity
- they work towards a satisfying work-life balance
- they get to know themselves a bit more
What one of my Sydney clients says
Sonsoles as a facilitator allowed me to find my way through the tangle of ideas and emotions that were standing in the way of being able to move forward … Early in the process Sonsoles encouraged me to make specific goals. I found this incredibly difficult … I did come away from the first session with some concrete goals, which I began to put into practise the same day of the session, as I had commited to … The Wingwave method made me realise that sometimes you have expectations about how you should tackle a mental block but that it is something far more ephemeral and intangible that often shifts your mind set and frees you to move forward in your project … That coaching session was the breakthrough.
Wingwave® – stress relief and inner balance
Being stuck in old conflicts
Stress, unpleasant memories of past events, or imagining future situations can all act like a splinter in a wound that keeps the wound from healing. The experience continues to have a negative effect on someone’s well-being and impede their performance.
Everyone knows how it feels to be hurt, insulted, angry, embarrassed, etc. Under normal circumstances these emotions fade and one “gets over them”; thinking that the past event no longer causes an unpleasant feeling. If this is not the case, e.g. if the “negative” emotions do not fade, they are not completely processed (time has not “healed all wounds”). The person is “stuck” in old conflicts, which can lead to a secondary problem in forms of thinking patterns like “Every time I do X, Y happens to me.” But why?
The power of emotions and sleep
During moments of intense stress, both brain hemispheres no longer cooperate in an optimal way. The flow in processing experiences and the emotions associated with those experiences is disrupted. The emotions get “stuck.” Under normal circumstances, stressful events are being dealt while sleeping. During the REM phase (Rapid Eye Movements) our eyes move horizontally, and our stressful and traumatic experiences are processed. Hence, it is the perfect self-healing procedure for emotional upheaval.
The increasing level of stress many people are exposed to every day keeps them from processing stressful events during their sleep. Restless sleep and sleeping pills can completely impede the important REM phase, which leads to a constant feeling of pressure and makes relaxation difficult while awake. Emotions that are associated with certain events in the past or with future events cannot be effectively processed. The situation can be compared to a CD that has a scratch: the processing gets stuck in the nervous system at a certain point.
Decrease stress through improved REM
wingwave intervention actually simulates a REM phase while the client is awake. The client’s eyes following the coach’s fingers waving in front of his/her face and the “stuck” emotions begin to be processed at a rapid rate. The eye movements – that can also be replaced by auditory or tactile stimuli – allow the brain hemispheres to work together in a coordinated way and the previously “stuck” emotions start to “move” again. The mental block that was caused by extreme stress disappears.
During this process the client may experience some intense feelings, but they are perfectly endurable and do not last longer than a minute. As the intervention completely reactivates the formerly blocked mental capacities, it enables the brain to find its own creative solutions, making use of its already existing resources. So the client can gain some surprising wisdom and flashes of insight during the intervention.
An Interview with Cora Besser-Siegmund in English and Spanish. Barcelona, 2010.
Here Cora Besser-Siegmund and Caroline work on Caroline´s sweet cravings. UK, 2012.
Texts gathered by the developers of the wingwave method. The examples are: giving a speech, achieving peak athletic performance, dealing with problems within a management team, overcoming learning blockades, dealing with dental treatment anxiety.
Other methods and tools I use
- Systemic visualizations,
- Working with a timeline,
- Hypno coaching (after Milton Erickson),
- Non violent communication (after Marshall Rosenberg),
- Individual constellations.
In addition to the above, I adapt from an extensive range of interventions to meet the client’s needs during each coaching session.
- NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming)-Practitioner degree (dvnlp) Berlin, Germany 1993
- ECA (European Coaching Association) Certified “Systemic Personal and Business Coach”, Coaching Akademie Berlin 2012
- Qualified wingwave® Coach since 2014
- Experienced adult & teacher training educator in Germany and Spain
- Founder and General Manager of Berlin based language school & translation business Agencia ELE, servicing both local and international companies 2003-2012
- I usually live in Berlin with my husband and our two daughters, 10 and 12 years old.
- I am used to moving between languages and cultures, especially Spanish, English and German but also to some extent Italian and Portuguese.
- I love to work with people who take their responsibilities seriously and who at the same time love to enjoy life and to laugh.
- Looking back, I find a consistent line in my life through language, communication and personal relationships. These three have always been my passion and moved my curiosity.
Sonsoles at work
The base for my attitude as a coach comes from the principles of positive psychology, from a humanistic view on human beings and especially from Marcel Hübenthal´s solution-focussing, resource oriented systemic coaching model, which he teaches at Coaching Akademie Berlin.
Coaching clients appreciate my ability to create an environment in which they feel safe, accepted and very soon able to get to the place where they want to be.
Workshop participants like the mix of relevant input and practical experiences, together with my lively designed posters which illustrate the workshop contents. Time seems to fly by, many of them say. Attending the workhops helps them cope with their specific situations.
Curious? Interested? Please do contact me any time.